Oil Recovery Exercise in Ice and and international conference on Oil Spills in Arctic Areas takes place in Oulu in March
Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE) will host an Arctic oil recovery conference in Oulu, Finland between the 6th and 8th of March.
The conference will consist of an oil recovery exercise in ice conditions, Table Top exercises and parallel Artic conference focusing in Arctic oil spill response.
It is supported by the Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Finish Ministry of the Environment, the Nordic Council of Ministers and the working group of the Arctic Council.
Participation in the conference is free of charge, and registration is now open.
The seminar themes are
- Arctic Council and its working group on Emergency Prevention, Preparedness and Response and the work under the Arctic MOSPA agreement,
- Technology for oil in ice response,
- Search and rescue in Arctic areas,
- Ecological consequences of oil spills in the Arctic
- Ice management and weather services in the Arctic
- Latest research related to oil spills in cold climate