List of MIMIC publications
The original MIMIC web pages will no longer be updated. The latest publications and other outputs will be added to this site.
- Haapasaari, P., Helle, I., Lehikoinen, A., Lappalainen, J. & Kuikka, S. 2015: A proactive approach for maritime safety policy making for the Gulf of Finland: Seeking best practices. Marine Policy 60:107-118.
- Laurila-Pant, M., Lehikoinen, A., Uusitalo, L. & Venesjärvi, R. 2015: How to value biodiversity in environmental management? Ecological Indicators 55: 1-11.
- Lehikoinen, A., Hänninen, M., Storgård, J., Luoma, E., Mäntyniemi, S. & Kuikka, S. (In press). A Bayesian network for assessing the collision induced risk of an oil accident in the Gulf of Finland. Environmental Science and Technology.
- Mazaheri, A., Montewka, J., Nisula, J. & Kujala, P. 2015: Usability of accident and incident reports for evidence-based risk modeling – A case study on ship grounding reports. Safety Science 76: 202–214.
- Merenkulun riskejä tulee arvioida alueellisesti, Päivi Haapasaari & Sakari Kuikka, Turun Sanomat 14.2.2015 (in Finnish)
- ICES has published a feature article written by Prof. Sakari Kuikka and Päivi Haapasaari from the University of Helsinki, dealing with the possibilities of managing oil spill risk in the Baltic Sea. They have proposed the establishment of a regional maritime risk governance framework for the Gulf of Finland (e.g. in the Final Report of MIMIC project).