Project TOPCONS (Transboundary tools for spatial planning and conservation of the Gulf of Finland) was funded by the South-East Finland – Russia ENPI CBC Programme. The cost estimate for this three-year-project was 1,7 million euros and implementation period was from February 2012 to November 2014.
TOPCONS is a Finnish-Russian co-operation project that developed innovative spatial tools for the regional planning and long-term invocation of the sea areas. These help the society when striving for the sustainable consolidation of human activities and the marine nature values.
The original project web pages will no longer be updated, but they can be visited at www.merikotka.fi/topcons.
The latest publications and other outputs will be added below:
- List of all TOPCONS outputs.
- TOPCONS Glossary and the Glossary User’s Guide.
- TOPCONS MSP Tool Prototype – report.
Most recent publications:
- Laurila-Pant, M., Lehikoinen, A., Uusitalo, L. & Venesjärvi, R. 2015: How to value biodiversity in environmental management? Ecological Indicators 55: 1-11.
- Special Issue of “Regional Ecology” 4 (39) 2015.