Finnish Waterway Association organised Winterdays 2020 – seminar in Lappeenranta on Wednesday 29 Jan 2020. The main theme of the seminar was focused on sustainable development and the role of inland waterways in this context. Experts of INFUTURE project were actively involved and several project related presentations were held. It was clearly seen that inland waterways are considered as a potential way of transportation. In the event, almost 90 participants was involved!
On Tuesday 28 Jan, INFUTURE project organised special Round Table discussion, which was targeted to clarify possibility to implement pilot travel to Russian inland waters. As a result, clear list of tasks related to needed conventions and permissions was received.
Material presented during the Round Table discussion could be downloaded here.
- Pekka Koskinen, INFUTURE chairman of the project steering group
- Toomas Lybeck, Southeastern Finland University of Applied Science (in Finnish)
- Anatoly Burkov, Admiral Makarov State University for Maritime and Inland Shipping (in Russian)
- Mikhail Pimonenko, North-West Russia Logistics and Information Development Centre
- Anatoly Burkov & Tatiana Pantina, presentation held in Winterdays 29.1.2020