The INFUTURE project seeks comprehensive solutions to support sustainable and cost-effective inland waterway transportation. The INFUTURE project has been implemented in cooperation with Finnish and Russian experts in the field. The work has been funded by the South-East Finland – Russia ENI CBC 2014-2020 program.
INFUTURE FINAL CONFERENCE
Waterways – a step towards a green transition
Tue 30.11. – Wed 1.12.2021
The conference will focus on presenting the research results of the project through four different themes. The first theme, “Towards a Green Transition”, focuses on the EU’s Green Deal and Fit for 55 programs, as well as national emission reduction targets for inland waterway transportation. Another theme highlights the opportunities and potential of inland waterway transport today. The third theme aims to present best practices and smart solutions for the development of inland waterway infrastructure and port operations. The last, fourth session looks at visions for the future of inland waterways as a sustainable mode of freight transport.
In addition to the researchers of the INFUTURE project, the conference speakers will be high-level experts such as
- Marta Wolska, EU Commission, Directorate-General for Mobility and Transport
- Benjamin Boyer and Laure Roux, Central Commission for the Navigation of the Rhine
- Eero Hokkanen, Ministry of Transport and Communications
- Tomi Solakivi, University of Turku
- Claudia Beumer, VT Group
- Jarkko Toivola, Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency
- Ville Hinkka, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd
- Olga Ansberg, Director of Port Logistics, Port of Vyborg
- Kevin Desmond, Inland Waterway International, Alternative Fuels Committee
The INFUTURE Final Conference will be held in Kotka, Maritime Centre Vellamo. You can attend the conference or parts of it both on site and on-line.
Sign up here
The conference is free of charge.